Membership in the Intelligent Community Forum Foundation is limited to the Alumni communities of the Intelligent Community Awards and the Intelligent Community Forum. No communities will be accepted to membership except those that have qualified as a Smart21 Community, Top7 or Intelligent Community of the Year, or that have received a Founders Award from ICF. Membership is in the name of the community and includes the right to an unlimited number of individual participants authorized by the community's designated representative.
Typical participants in the community’s membership include:
- Members of Council
- City Managers or Chief Administrative Officers
- Chief Information Officers and senior IT executives
- Corporation Counsels
- Economic Development Officers
- Community Development Officers
- Senior leaders of nonprofit institutions in the community, including universities, schools, hospitals, social service organizations and chambers of commerce
- Business executives committed to the economic and social success of the community
The Foundation offers two levels of Membership: Associate Membership and Full Membership. Both levels provide opportunities to learn about best practices, collaborate on economic development and develop mutually beneficial relationships.
ICFF offers Associate Membership at no cost to every ICF Alumni community. Associate Membership provides the following benefits:
- Registration on the ICFF Web site, offering access to a directory of members as well as social media and other online services.
- Inclusion on ICFF email distribution list, which reports on activities within Full Member communities and invites participation in ICFF activities.
- Up to 5 free full-conference registrations to the annual ICF Summit.
Click here to request registration as an Associate Member.
Associate Members have the option to apply for a Full Membership. Full Membership provides all of the benefits of Associate Membership, as well as:
- Prominent public listing of member organization on the Web site, with contact information including link to the Web site.
- Access to the Connections service, which works one-on-one with member communities to create relationships with other Full Members leading to economic development exchanges and collaboration on projects of mutual benefit.
- Invitation to attend Board meetings and conference calls on a non-voting basis.
- Eligibility for voting membership in the Board of Directors.
- Eligibility for service on Standing and Ad Hoc Committees of the Board.
- Communities, population of up to 50,000 - US $1,500
- Communities, population of 50,001 to 500,000 - $3,000
- Communities, populaton of over 500,000 - $5,000
Click here for the Full Membership Application (Communities)
Click here to request registration as a Full Member. (Individuals)